Bigen grows young engineering talent through our bursary program.
Bigen offers bursaries to students studying towards engineering degrees related to our services at any of the recognised South African universities offering these qualifications.
The benefits of becoming a Bigen Bursary Student are:
- Receiving regular communication
- Invitations to attend selected Bigen functions
- Inclusion in the Bigen Young Professionals Forum
- Paid vacation work; and
- Employment on successful completion of a degree.
Our bursary funding is a fixed amount, sufficient to cover tuition fees, book fees and other necessary expenses. It however does not cover residential fees. The successful Bursary Student will be exposed to the practical applications of his/her studies by four weeks paid vacation work per year provided that Bigen is in the position to offer said vacation work.
When completing the bursary application take note of the following:
- Incomplete application forms will cause the applicant to be disqualified
- Invalid or incorrect contact details will also result in disqualification.
After the closing date for applications Bigen will conduct an evaluation process whereafter successful shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the result of their application.